January 11, 2012

Checking in...

Image via
I'm proud of myself this week.  I have made it to the gym every day at lunch for 30 minutes of cardio.  My friend/coworker is also doing this with me, so that really helps with the motivation factor.  I love it!  I'm so energized for the rest of the afternoon and I'm in a great mood when I get home!  Starting next week I will be alternating cardio and strength training (aka weights) into the routine.  This week I was mainly looking to get my heart rate up and used to this new routine.  So far, so good!

I've been making conscious food choices and am meeting my daily point goal, which has always typically been a struggle for me.  I've been cooking a lot more (I used to be a take-out junkie) and we've been able to spend that time in the evenings as a family at the dining room table, rather than plopped in front of the TV.  It's a win:win no matter how you look at it.

I know they say that it takes 45 days to create a habit, and I'm going to try my darnedest to keep it up.  I love the way I feel and I can't wait to see results!  I'll be posting progress pictures...as soon as there is progress to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment